- Date: Nov 12th 2014
- Time: 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- RSVP: http://www.meetup.com/WordPress-Ann-Arbor/events/214760782/
- Location: Michigan Union Tap Room, 530 S State Street, Ann Arbor, MI
Show up to work on your WordPress site, get help with your WordPress site, help other people with their WordPress sites, or just chat with other local WordPress users. There will not be any agenda, speaker, or topic. People of all backgrounds and levels of experience are welcome. Come to share what you know and learn what you don’t know.
- If you want to get help, please come prepared with everything other people will need to help you, including the information you need to log in to your WordPress site as an administrator (site URL, username, password, SFTP information), information about your WordPress hosting provider (cPanel or other information), and so on. Bring your own laptop, if you have one, so you won’t have to trust entering your password on someone else’s laptop.
- If multiple people are waiting to get help with their site or ask questions, we’ll switch to new people every 30 minutes.
- If you know the answer to someone else’s question, please consider helping them.
- If you or your company provide for-fee WordPress consulting or services, no sales pitches please, and no charging for any help at the meetup. You can say that you offer consulting or services, and pass out business cards or flyers, but anything beyond that should happen at a different time and place than the meetups.
- Please be courteous, professional, and respectful of others. Everyone is a community volunteer.
The Tap Room is on the ground floor of the Michigan Union, at the corner of State Street and South University. Find the Subway restaurant in the food court and keep going back through the double doors. We’ll be at one of the group work tables with a monitor; look for a “WP Ann Arbor” sign. In addition to the food court restaurants, there are Starbucks and Au Bon Pain one floor above if you’d like coffee or pastries.
It may be possible to park for free in the small visitor lot behind the LSA Building, on Maynard Street, or in the lot next to the Student Activities Building if spaces are available. Street parking and University Blue-lot parking are also free from 6pm on; carefully check the posted signs. But parking will definitely be available in the City of Ann Arbor Maynard Street parking structure, 1 block away, for $1.20/hour. More parking options are available on the map, if you click on the (P) icon.