- Date: Wednesday, April 8, 2015
- Time: 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- RSVP: http://www.meetup.com/WordPress-Ann-Arbor/
- NEW Location: Tappan Hall, 855 South University Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI
- Enter Tappan Hall via a side door, go to the 2nd floor, go inside the Fine Arts Library, and room 210 will be on your right.
Show up to work on your WordPress site, get help with your WordPress site, help other people with their WordPress sites, or just chat with other local WordPress users. There will not be any agenda, speaker, or topic. People of all backgrounds and levels of experience are welcome. Come to share what you know and learn what you don’t know.
- If you want to get help, please come prepared with everything other people will need to help you, including the information you need to log in to your WordPress site as an administrator (site URL, username, password, SFTP information), information about your WordPress hosting provider (cPanel or other information), and so on. Bring your own laptop, if you have one, so you won’t have to trust entering your password on someone else’s laptop.
- If multiple people are waiting to get help with their site or ask questions, we’ll switch to new people every 30 minutes.
- If you know the answer to someone else’s question, please consider helping them.
- If you or your company provide for-fee WordPress consulting or services, no sales pitches please, and no charging for any help at the meetup. You can say that you offer consulting or services, and pass out business cards or flyers, but anything beyond that should happen at a different time and place than the meetups.
- Please be courteous, professional, and respectful of others. Everyone is a community volunteer.
Tappan Hall is on South University Avenue and is the orange brick building hidden behind the U-M Museum of Art. The front door is on the west side of the building facing the art museum but has steps leading up to it; a barrier-free entry with access to an elevator is available at the back door, which faces the President’s house on the east side of the building. For either door, you have to follow a sidewalk leading away from the street which goes between buildings.
Room 210 is inside the Fine Arts Library on the 2nd floor, and is the first door on your right as soon as you enter the library.
It may be possible to park for free in the small visitor lot behind the LSA Building, on Maynard Street, or in the lot next to the Student Activities Building if spaces are available. Street parking and University Blue-lot parking are also free from 6pm on; carefully check the posted signs. Parking will definitely be available in the City of Ann Arbor Maynard Street parking structure, 2 blocks away, for $1.20/hour. More parking options are available on the map, if you click on the (P) icon.