Wednesday, October 26, 2016
6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Room 2001 LSA Building
500 S State Street, Ann Arbor, MI
Topic: Work Session
Show up to work on your WordPress site, get help with your site, help others, or just chat with other local WordPress users. There will not be any agenda, speaker, or topic. People of all backgrounds and levels of experience are welcome. Come to share what you know and learn what you don’t know.
- If you want to get help, please come prepared with everything other people will need to help you, including the information you need to log into your WordPress site as an administrator (site URL, username, password, SFTP information), information about your WordPress hosting provider (cPanel or other information), and so on. Bring your own laptop, if you have one, so you won’t have to trust entering your password on someone else’s laptop.
- If multiple people are waiting to get help with their site or ask questions, we’ll switch to new people every 30 minutes.
- If you know the answer to someone else’s question, please consider helping them.
- If you or your company provide for-fee WordPress consulting or services, no sales pitches please, and no charging for any help at the meetup. You can say that you offer consulting or services, and pass out business cards or flyers, but anything beyond that should happen at a different time and place than the meetups.
- Please be courteous, professional, and respectful of others. Everyone is a community volunteer.
Call for Topics & Speakers:
If you have a topic you would like us to cover, please let us know. Also, we are always looking for new speakers to talk about WordPress related topics, if you, or you know someone who would like to speak, please get in touch.
Location (Room 2001, LSA Building, 500 S State Street, Ann Arbor MI 48109)
Room 2001 is on the 2nd floor of the LSA Building (1 floor above the ground floor), directly off the 2nd-floor lobby. You can enter either from State Street (the front of the building) or from Maynard Street (the rear of the building). The doors will remain unlocked until 7pm, but we’ll post signs on the doors directing you where to go and including a contact cell phone number.
It may be possible to park in the small visitor lot directly behind the LSA Building, on Maynard Street, or in the lot next to the Student Activities Building if spaces are available. Street parking and University Blue-lot parking should be free from 6pm on; carefully check the posted signs. But parking will definitely be available in the City of Ann Arbor Maynard Street parking structure, 1 block away, for $1.20/hour. More parking options are available on the map, if you click on the (P) icon.